Time to get excited FROM $1,999 PER PERSON, TWIN SHARE Hanoi Halong Bay Why Book WithTour Details
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Time to get excited FROM $1,999 PER PERSON, TWIN SHARE
- Halong Bay
Why Book With Us?
- 24 hour, 7 days a week customer support
- Our Customer Service Guarantee
- A Dedicated Support Agent for every booking
- Our Donation Promise
WhatsApp: 0490 192 224
Tel: 1300 874 764 / 02 9188 5053 / 08 7979 2323
ONLINE TRAVEL, FLIGHTS, TOURS, ACTIVITIES, PACKAGES DEALS & MORE
Get a taste of Vietnam’s rich heritage and culture as you explore beautiful northern Vietnam. Enjoy the contrast of old and new
in vibrant Hanoi as you dodge motorbikes and enjoy famed street food. Cruise the natural beauty of Halong Bay and visit the charming ancient capital Hoa Lu.
Home . HanoiDestination Home . Hanoi Meals included Hotel 4 . Lenid Hotel Tho Nhuom, or similar Chào M.ng! Welcome to Vietnam and Hanoi. You’ll be met on arrival at Hanoi airport and transferred to your hotel. It’s no wonder Hanoi is fondly referred to as the cultural capital of Vietnam. With lots to do and see, it’s a fascinating mix of old and modern Vietnam. Hanoi street life is crowded and hectic – with motorbikes whizzing by, just crossing the road can be an adventure. Hanoi is known for its street food and you’ll find vendors all over the city, especially in the Old Quarter. Don’t forget to try the local delicacies, whether it’s pho, sticky rice or banh mi. Take a break at a local coffee shop to experience the popular Hanoi pastime of sipping coffee and watching life in the neighbourhood.
HanoiDestination Hanoi Meals included Breakfast, Lunch Hotel 4 . Lenid Hotel Tho Nhuom, or similar We’ll see the city with a guided tour today. First stop is tranquil Tran Quoc Pagoda, located near West Lake. This 1400- year-old temple is the oldest in the city and very peaceful and scenic. We’ll then visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Complex, containing a museum and Ho Chi Minh’s final resting place. Ho Chi Minh is undoubtedly one of the most important leaders Vietnam has ever seen and this is a place of pilgrimage for many Vietnamese. See ‘Uncle Ho’s Stilt House’, the simple two-room dwelling where he lived from 1958 until his final days in 1969. You’ll have a chance to visit the mausoleum. Nearby, sitting in a lotus pond, view the miniature One Pillar Pagoda. It’s a reconstruction of the original 11th century temple. We’ll visit beautiful Van Mieu, or Temple of Literature. The template dates back to 1070, and is dedicated to the cult of Confucius. Note the peaceful series of walled courtyards and graceful gateways – this is one of the best examples of traditional Vietnamese architecture. Afterwards, we’ll explore Ngoc Son Temple (Temple of the Jade Mountain), dedicated to the national hero Tran Hung Dao. The temple, with its famous bright red Huc Bridge, is in the centre of Hoan Kiem Lake. OPTIONAL TOUR - HANOI STREET FOOD TOUR Explore the bustling Old Quarter of Hanoi on this three-hour walking tour. Along the perimeter of the market, dozens of street hawkers sell a staggering variety of produce, from live seafood to exotic fruits and spices. Your expert guide will give you an insight into the intricacies and traditions of Vietnamese food culture and popular northern dishes. Eat as you go, trying seasonal fruits and sampling a tasty French-inspired snack from a street cart. Watch chefs prepare the famed Hanoi dish banh cuon and stop for snacks at outdoor barbeque stalls. For dessert, join in the local tradition of feasting on fresh fruit served in a cup and smothered with crushed ice and condensed milk. Your guide will take you to a hidden, hard to find, cafe that is one of Hanoi’s best-kept secrets to taste the top ten street foods, like famous egg coffee. When the tour finishes you are free to continue exploring the atmospheric Old Quarter.
Hanoi . Halong BayDestination Hanoi . Halong Bay . Meals included Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner Hotel Ship: Majestic Cruise, or similar After breakfast, we’ll leave Hanoi for Halong Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It’s a few hours drive – a journey through the Red River Delta with lush rice fields, water buffalo and a glimpse into Vietnamese rural life. When we arrive at Tuan Chau Harbor, we’ll proceed with check-in formalities. After your welcome on board, lunch will be served while cruising towards Halong Bay. First stop is the pearl farm, home to the long-time local tradition of pearl harvesting. There’s also a chance for kayaking. We’ll then visit Titop Island before continuing through the bay, admiring the dramatic, fascinating rock formations. In the evening, you can join a cooking class onboard and learn to prepare traditional Vietnamese dishes, like spring rolls. Dinner is a seafood BBQ served onboard, followed by evening entertainment like chess, karaoke, squid fishing and cards.
Halong Bay . HanoiDestination . Halong Bay . Hanoi Meals included Breakfast, Lunch Hotel 4 . Lenid Hotel Tho Nhuom, or similar Early risers will enjoy a Tai Chi lesson on the sundeck, followed by breakfast, with those beautiful morning views of the bay’s landscape. We’ll stop at Sung Sot Cave (Amazing Cave), where a guide will help you explore the cave. We’ll then continue to cruise through the magnificent rock formations, back towards port. Lunch will be served onboard before disembarking to transfer back to Hanoi. There will be a brief stop in Hai Duong province to visit a ceramics workshop. When you arrive back in Hanoi, the rest of the day is yours.
Hanoi . Hoa Lu . Tam Coc . HanoiDestination Hanoi . Hoa Lu . Tam Coc . Hanoi Meals included Breakfast, lunch Hotel 4 . Lenid Hotel Tho Nhuom, or similar This morning we’ll take a scenic drive passing through the rural beauty of northern Vietnam to arrive at Vietnam’s first capital, Hoa Lu. Here we’ll visit the temples of Dinh Tien Hoang (first emperor of Vietnam) and Emperor Le Dai Hanh (of the Le dynasty, 980-1009). Hoa Lu’s ancient citadel used to cover an area of approximately three square kilometres, with palaces, temples, defensive walls and shrines. However, now only a few temples of past greatness remain. After seeing these temples, we’ll continue our drive to Tam Coc town for a Vietnamese lunch. We can make photo stops on the way as these dramatic landscapes are beautiful. Famous for its flooded cave system under the amazing limestone karsts that define its landscape, Tam Coc is part of the Trang An Scenic Landscape Complex, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After lunch, enjoy a boat ride along Ngo Dong River, passing through paddy fields and limestone karst formations to get to Tam Coc caves – the name means ‘three caves’. No doubt this will be the highlight of the day – Hang Ca (First Cave) is the longest and most beautiful, around 127 metres long with a ceiling about two metres high above the water. Returning to the boat station, if you’d like to cycle you can see the village by bike. Or, enjoy an ice cream or fresh sugar cane juice and enjoy majestic Tam Coc waterway from the boat station. We’ll return back to Hanoi in the evening.
HanoiDestination Hanoi Meals included Breakfast Hotel 4 . Lenid Hotel Tho Nhuom, or similar It’s a free day in Hanoi today. There is lots to discover in this vibrant, teeming metropolis. You might like to visit the UNESCO-listed Imperial Citadel of Thang Long, or see the traditional ancient art form of water puppetry at Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre. There are places to recuperate from the crowds and action, like tranquil Hoan Kiem Lake, a relaxing oasis on the southern edge of the old town quarter. West Lake, the biggest freshwater lake in Hanoi, is right in the centre of the city. Visit the infamous Hoa Lo prison, built by the French colonial government in the late 19th century to house Vietnamese political prisoners. During the Vietnam War, it was used by North Vietnam, and dubbed the ‘Hanoi Hilton’ by American prisoners of war. Today, only part of the prison still exists as a history museum. You might like to explore Hanoi’s historic and lively Old Quarter, the oldest continuously developed area of Vietnam that showcases more than 1000 years of history. Explore the network of narrow alleyways known as the 36 Streets. Each street was named for the specialised trade of merchants with shops there, like silk traders or jewellery. This is a wonderful place to watch the local life, and peruse items from fabrics to crafts to exotic medicines. OPTIONAL TOUR - DUONG LAM ANCIENT VILLAGE TOUR WITH LUNCH You’ll travel west of Hanoi to visit the ancient village of Duong Lam. This agricultural village of the northern Red River Delta is home to many well-preserved hundred-year-old houses. It’s a unique experience to walk through tiny ancient alleys. We’ll visit Mong Phu Temple in Mong Phu, where the original village entrance gate remains intact, dedicated to national heroes. You’ll chat with locals in their ancient houses when you visit Mr Lam, Mr Ha and Mr Huyen. Enjoy a special Vietnamese lunch in an ancient house. Afterwards, continue to Mia Pagoda. Built in the 15th century, there are an impressive 287 statues of all sizes, along with famous sculptures like the statue of Buddha in the Himalayas and the statues of the Eight Vajra Deities. The last stop is a visit to Ngo Quyen Temple and Phung Hung Temple, dedicated to their namesake national heroes. You’ll return back to Hanoi at about 5pm. OPTIONAL TOUR - PERFUME PAGODA TOUR WITH LUNCH You’ll meet your tour guide and depart for Perfume Pagoda, a vast complex of Buddhist temples and shrines built into the limestone Huong Tich mountains, about 60km west of Hanoi. We’ll stop on the way to experience Vietnamese handicrafts like lacquerwares, paintings and embroideries. Enjoy a boat ride along the river for nearly an hour to take in the beautiful landscape of streams and paddy fields. Start hiking up to a unique pagoda inside Huong Tich cave on the mountain summit. These views are breathtaking. Afterwards, we’ll enjoy lunch in a local restaurant nearby. After a visit to Thien Tru Pagoda, board the boat back to Duc Dock and return to Hanoi. OPTIONAL TOUR - MAI CHAU HILL TRIBE VILLAGE TOUR WITH LUNCH We’ll head through the scenic countryside of blissful Mai Chau valley, surrounded by majestic mountains and seemingly endless rice fields. Enjoy a traditional lunch in a local village then take a bicycle tour to see farmers working in the fields, locals weaving scarves and the peaceful surrounding villages. You’ll return to your hotel in the evening.
Hanoi . HomeDestination Hanoi . Home Meals included Breakfast Hotel N/A It’s free time this morning until your transfer to the airport for your flight home. We hope you’ve enjoyed this extraordinary journey.
HomeDestination Home Meals included Hotel N/A Arrive home today. We hope you've been inspired.
- Return international airfares with Vietnam Airlines
- All airport and port transfers
- 5 nights in 4-star accommodation in a Deluxe Room
- 1 night cruising the stunning Halong Bay in a Deluxe Cabin aboard the Majestic
- All Transportation
- Activities indicated in the itinerary
- Meals: Breakfast daily, 4 lunches & 1 dinner
- 2-30 pax: 1 English speaking tour leader – Will accompany the group throughout
- Guide assistance for airport transfer
- All accommodation as listed
- All entrance fees to the sites listed (except optional)
- All activities listed in the itinerary unless a paid optional
- Comfortable, dedicated private transportation throughout
- 24/7 customer service and your own Dedicated Support Agent
- Hanoi – Visit the oldest pagoda in the city, the 1400-year-old majestic Tran Quoc
- Hanoi – Explore Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Complex, including ‘Uncle Ho’s Stilt House’ and the final resting place of this important leader
- Hanoi – Enjoy free time in this vibrant city to experience the hectic street life, discover local food and explore the historic and lively Old Quarter
- Halong Bay – Cruise the emerald waters of this majestic bay marvelling at both the spectacular sunset and sunrise, enjoying all meals and entertainment onboard
- Hoa Lu – Take a drive through the rural beauty of northern Vietnam to this ancient capital, visiting the temples of Dinh Tien Hoang and Emperor Le Dai Hanh
Tam Coc – Take a boat ride along Ngo Dong River, passing through paddy fields and limestone karst formations to reach the magical Tam Coc caves
- Tam Coc – See this amazing landscape of limestone karst peaks that make up part of the Trang An Landscape Complex, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
HOW TO BOOK & PAYMENTS
Deposit & Payments
- Secure your package with a deposit of $500 per person.
- Pay the 2nd instalment of $749 per person within 28 days.
- You will then be invoiced for final payment 90 days prior to departure.
- Select the yellow Book tab to begin your booking (you must ‘Sign Up’ first by entering your email and creating a password)
- Then select the Yellow ‘Book now’ tab of the tour you have selected
- Select your Departure Date, Departure City, Number of Passengers, Room Configuration, any Upgrade Options, and enter any Special Requests
- Click the yellow ‘Proceed to Secure Checkout’ tab
- Enter your credit card or PayPal details to secure your deposit/payment
- Once your order is complete, you will be prompted to complete a Booking Form so that we can fulfil your booking
- Your booking is confirmed once your Booking Form is submitted and you can begin the countdown to your Tripmia Vacation!
- You will then be allocated and contacted by one of our Dedicated Support Agent’s (within 48 hours) who will support you right up until you return from your journey
FLIGHTS, UPGRADES & EXTENSIONS
The full-service airline used will be Vietnam Airlines (or similar if unavailable)
- All tickets will include 20 kilos checked baggage per person, along with 7 kilos of hand luggage.
- Despite the airlines’ baggage allowance, we recommend travelling with 20 kilos per person due to restrictions with internal flights (where applicable), as well as coach and train transportation. Also, you will be responsible for handling your luggage at all times as the services of porters is not included. If travelling over this amount, you will be liable for any excess baggage fees enforced by the airline, payable direct.
- Once ticketed, flights are non-refundable. Any changes will be subject to the airline rules and change fees
- Full names as per passport (including all middle names) are required
- Any airline schedule changes or cancellations are beyond our control
Any airline ‘extras’ such as pre-allocated seating are at your own arrangement (additional charges apply)
- Premium Economy or Business Class upgrades
- Premium Economy upgrade is available from an additional $1,500 per person (subject to availability).
- Business Class upgrade is available from an additional $3,000 per person (subject to availability).
- Please specify this as a ‘Special Request’ when completing your booking and you will be quoted for the additional fare. In the event your selection is unavailable, or that you are dissatisfied with the quote, you will be provided with a full refund.
How to extend your stay
Some customers like to enhance their holiday by extending their stay pre- and/or post-tour. If you wish to do so, please follow these steps:
- Follow the ‘Book Now’ prompts after signing up until you reach the ‘Special Requests’ field
- Here, please specify your preferred flight arrangements and if you require additional accommodation, with the number of nights needed.
- After finalising your purchase and submitting your booking form, a member of our team will be in contact with you via email to verify your request. Please note, a supplement of $150 per person (plus any applicable fare and tax differences) applies to deviate from the standard itinerary. We will contact you via email with a quote and proposed flight itinerary and then proceed with collecting the additional payment required to confirm your request.
- All additional accommodation and sightseeing are at your own arrangement, or alternatively, we can offer the following rates:
- Pre/Post-tour accommodation (Hanoi): $75 per room per night for double/twin including breakfast
Please note, if you are not arriving or departing as per the group itinerary, airport transfers are also no longer included. If you would like us to arrange this service for you, an additional cost will apply:
- Airports Transfer (Hanoi): $30 per vehicle each way
- Land Only discount: A $700 per person reduction from the twin share price applies if you wish to arrange your own airfares. Should you wish to purchase land only, please select this option in the booking process, under ‘Departure City’. Please note, if you are not arriving or departing as per the group itinerary, airport transfers are also no longer included. If you would like us to arrange this service for you, an additional cost will apply:
- Airports Transfer (Hanoi): $30 per vehicle each way
To enhance your journey, we are offering the following optional sightseeing experiences:
- Hanoi Street Food Tour (Day 2 or 3) – AUD $55 per person
- Mai Chau hill tribe village tour with lunch (Day 6) – AUD $40 per person
- Duong Lam Ancient Village Tour with Lunch (Day 6) – AUD $125 per person
- Perfume Pagoda Tour with Lunch (Day 6) – AUD $125 per person
Please note – only 1 of the 3 options on Day 6 can be chosen. Optional tours can be selected once you have finalised your tour purchase and paid your
deposit. When completing your Passenger Booking Form, you will be asked if you would like to add Optional Tours, where any applicable cost will be added to your final balance. If you choose not to select them at this time, you can choose to add them later by logging in to your Account online or speaking with your Dedicated Support Agent for assistance.
Please note that you must select your Optional Tours no later than 65 days before departure, after which you will be required to purchase them on tour. Please keep in mind that anything purchased on-tour is subject to availability and prices may vary as you will be paying in local currency. We appreciate your understanding.
- Travel insurance (compulsory)
- Anything not mentioned in the itinerary
- Optional activities
- Personal expenses
You need to update the trip page after enabling the 'Advanced Gallery'.
While the tour itinerary should give you some guidance and overview to the expected
requirements, to determine if this tour is right for you we categorise each of our tours in
terms of their intensity. These guidelines are to ensure that each tour group is conducted as
expected and to ensure the overall satisfaction of all Inspiring Vacations customers.
As a general rule, porterage is not included, therefore at all times you are expected to handle
your own luggage where help may not be available.
This particular tour is categorised as a “3”:
3 – Moderate Tour: A good level of fitness and mobility is required, as this tour includes a
moderate level of physical activity and is considered a medium-fast paced tour. You should
be able to walk up and down stairs, get on and off the coach and able to walk reasonable
distances of approximately 2 kilometres per day or more with ease. Any physical ailments
you may have must be disclosed at the time of booking to determine your suitability. If you
have any form of walking aids, other than a walking stick or hiking poles, then this tour is not
A friendly reminder that tipping is not included in your package. Tipping is not compulsory
on your trip, but they can make a big difference to locals employed in the tourism industry. If
you feel that your guide and driver have done an impeccable job, you can choose to give a
gratuity, but this is entirely your decision.
For the services of your guide, it is suggested that you budget for AUD$10-20 per person, per
day. Tipping of your driver is also appreciated and we would suggest AUD$5 per person, per
As this particular tour does not collect a ‘kitty’, it is entirely up to the individual whether or
not you would like to tip locals for the services of things like taxis or when dining at
restaurants. In these cases, we suggest you allow 10-20% of the value of the service as a tip.
Again, it is not compulsory and entirely up to the individual.
The accommodation listed is subject to change. Any changes will be of an equal or higher
standard. Bedding configurations (double or twin) are requests only. All efforts will be made
to meet your preferences however any changes are beyond our control.
Single supplement is $300 per person in addition to the twin share price.
Paired Solo Travellers
Travel insurance is required to protect yourself against the unexpected.
We have partnered with nib to offer our customers competitive rates for their travel
insurance. You can book comprehensive or budget cover simply by clicking HERE to arrange
It is the traveller's responsibility to ensure they have a valid passport. The passport must be valid for a minimum of six months from the intended date of return. A visa is required for travel to Vietnam. The visa is easiest to complete online and takes approximately 72 hours to confirm.
Please note the e-visa is limited to 30 days validity from the date of arrival and is only valid for 3 months from date of issue. You must make sure that the same travel document that was used for applying online is used for entering into Vietnam.
Visit https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/ to apply for an e-visa.
Personal and passport details
Arrival date and departure date (no specific flight details are required)
Purpose of entry (tourist)
Passport scanned copy
Passport size photo scanned copy
The name and address of your first hotel in Vietnam
Pay USD $25per person by credit card
Wait for it to be approved and you will be notified via email within approximately 72 hours. Once approved, please ensure that you travel with the following documentation as they are required to present to customs upon arrival into the country:
Passport with 6 months validity
Travel itinerary (provided 30 days before departure)
Hotel list (provided 30 days before departure)
Please note that these details are subject to change without notice. We recommend visiting https://smartraveller.gov.au for up to date information in terms of entry requirements.
Final documentation, including e-tickets and hotel details, will be provided approximately 30
days prior to travel.
The total length of the tour in days includes time spent in flight and is subject to change depending on the flight schedule, please refer to the day by day itinerary for the time spent on land.